Penn state college football team represents Pennsylvania State University and they have been a part of the Big Ten Conference since 1994. They have won two national championships in 1982 and 1986, they have also won three conference championships in 1994, 2005 and 2008. Penn state are referred to as Linebacker University for its reputation of producing some of the best linebackers in the game.
They play their home games at Beaver stadium which is located at the University Park. Penn state has a student tradition known as Nittanyville, where prior to a home football game, students camp out in front of the stadium to secure front-row seats.
James Franklin is the current head coach, he is the first African-American to serve as Penn state’s and the 16th head football coach of Penn State football team.
Six ways to Watch Live Penn State Football Games online
- 1. Most football games are exclusive to ESPN and they have the rights to over 40% of all football games. While you might not get the biggest games, with a high-speed Internet, you can watch the available games on your computer.
- 2. One of the most common ways to stream football games online is to use sites such as cricfree.sx that have most if not all games from all conferences throughout the season. The beauty of such websites is, it’s free to stream any game, you don’t even have to have an account. You simply load the web page and choose the game you wish watch.
- 3. You can stream football games on ABC online if you live in Southern California, Chicago, Houston, New York or Philadelphia. ABC offer live-streaming of the games via web browser, Android or an iOS app. The service first confirms your location before allowing you to watch. If you live in one of those cities, you can watch any game on ABC, at any time. Unfortunately, CBS and FOX don’t offer such a service.
- 4. Some cell phone companies may offer a package that allows you to stream some ESPN games. For instance, on Sprint, ESPN mobile is available and the college football package costs $3 a month. It gives you way to stream some of the major games on ESPN. The only downside is, you have to watch these games on your mobile phone unless you have an Apple TV. Similarly, Verizon also offers a similar service on its network.
- 5. If you an active cable subscription, you can use the WatchESPN app, available for iOS and Android which also allows you to watch games online. To stream a game, you must authorize viewing by logging into your cable subscription. This method allows multiple logins, so you can stream as many as four different games on multiple devices, for instance, on Comcast. You can also ask a friend for their credentials so that you can stream a game on your device.
- 6. The conferences also have their own apps for iOS and Android, that allow online streaming of games. You can download any or all of these apps; the ACC app, the PAC12 app, the Big10 app, the SEC and any other you are interested in. These apps offer season subscriptions to live games for that particular conference, for instance, ACC starts their subscription at $8 a season. Keep in mind you can only get to stream games that are not being televised on other channels.